Answer the questions below to test your knowledge of fiber optic technology! If you get stumped, you'll find answers to each question hidden within the webpages of our website.
1. What does the "LR" in SFP-10G-LR indicate?
A. Looping Repeater Functionality
B. Long Reach Interface
C. Limited Recoil Circuit
D. Limited Range Device
Hint: Checkout the video here: FluxLight.com/SFP-10G-LR
2. What form factor is the J9151A fiber optic transceiver
Hint: The answer can be found here: FluxLight.com/J9151A
3. What type of connector does the SFP-10G-SR use?
Hint: The answer can be found here: FluxLight.com/SFP-10G-SR
4. What is the transmission wavelength of the X2-10GB-LR optical transceiver?
Hint: The answer can be found here: FluxLight.com/X2-10GB-LR
5. How many pins does the standard SFP+ connector have?
A. 10 pins
B. 15 pins
C. 20 pins
D. 25 pins
Hint: The answer can be found here: FluxLight.com/EX-SFP-10GE-LR
6. Which of the following is NOT a component in the construction of a fiber optic cable?
A. Printed Circuit Board
B. Polyethylene Sheath
C. Water Barrier
D. Steel Strands
Hint: Checkout the infograpahic here: FluxLight.com/computer-network-cables
7. Over what type of cable can the GLC-T transceiver acheive a reach of up to 100 meters?
A. Cat5 Ethernet Cable
B. Direct Attached Copper Cable
C. Active Optical Cable
D. All of the above
Hint: The answer can be found here: FluxLight.com/GLC-T
8. What is the rate category of the GLC-LX-SM-RGD optical transceiver?
Hint: The answer can be found here: FluxLight.com/GLC-LX-SM-RGD
9. What does MSA stand for?
A. Multiple Source Arrangement
B. Maximum Span Allowed
C. Moderately Sucessful Attempt
D. Multi-Source Agreement
Hint: The answer can be found here: FluxLight.com/GLC-LH-SM
10. What does SONET stand for?
A. Super Orbital Networking
B. Sonic Networking
C. Synchronous Optical Networking
D. A Poem
Hint: Read this article: FluxLight.com/sfp-transceivers-fiber-optic-networks
Thanks for taking our Fiber Optic Technology Quiz. You got Number Right Here. While you're here, be sure to check out some our our optical networking products. We might just have the fiber optic components you've been looking for!